Winters here and you have to move your household right in the middle of it.
Moving at any time of year can be stressful, but it can be even tougher when you have to move during the winter months. From snow on the ground to bitter cold temperatures, moving during the winter comes with its own set of challenges.
Here’s just a few ways we’ll make your winter move a “brrrreeze”
(Click Graphic to Enlarge) (Click Graphic to Enlarge)
- We’ll keep a keen eye on the weather and stay in close contact with you leading up to the day of your move, including a call 5 days before your move, the day before, and the morning of your move to ensure everything is on schedule.
- We’ll work closely with you on a back-up plan in the event that a record setting blizzard hits on the day of your move – don’t worry, we’ll make sure you, your home, and your
furnishings are well taken care of.
- Since it’s the winter make sure to keep some cold weather clothing close at hand – a winter jacket, gloves, a hat, boots. If there’s something you packed by accident, just let our movers know and we’ll do our best to help you retrieve it.
- We’ll go the extra mile to make sure your home stays clean during a winter move – we’ll clear the entryway, lay down floor mats for protection, remove shoes as needed, and clean up when we’re done.
- We recommend customers clear their driveway and entry of snow before their move begins. Our moving crew will arrive with shovels and salt to make sure your home is easily and safely accessible.
- We’ll pack, pad, and wrap your furniture inside the home before carrying it to the truck so that your valuable items will be protected from the elements.
- Make sure your new home is ready for your arrival: Utilities turned on? Heat turned up? Driveway plowed? Doorways cleared? Also, have some hot beverages on hand – movers can get cold too! (Not a requirement, but very much appreciated and they’ll think you’re awesome!)
- Did you sell your home in the winter but are not ready to move yet? We can pack and store your furniture locally in our military-approved, climate-controlled storage facility until you’re ready to move.
- If you’re a snowbird looking to get away from the cold? We can help! We’re an award-winning agent of NorthAmerican Van Lines, which means we can move you nation-wide – we make frequent trips to the Carolina’s, Georgia, Florida, or any warm place!
- Many people prefer to move in the summer, which means moving is often more economical in the winter months – give us a call to find out how we can save you money by moving during the winter.
© 2018 Central Maine Moving & Storage