Winter Moving Done Right
Winter is Here!
Moving at any time of year can be stressful. It can be even tougher when you have to move during the winter months. From snow on the ground to bitter cold temperatures, moving during the winter comes with its own set of challenges.
Here are a few ways we make winter moving a “breeze:”
Click Graphic to Enlarge. Click Graphic to Enlarge.
- We keep a keen eye on the weather. We stay in close contact with you leading up to the day of your move, including a call five days before, the day before, and the morning of your move to ensure everything is on schedule.
- Don’t worry! We work closely with you on a backup plan if a record-setting blizzard hits on the day of your move. We make sure you, your home, and your furnishings are taken care of.
- Keep some cold weather clothing close at hand like a winter jacket, gloves, a hat, boots. If there’s something you packed by accident, just let our movers know. We’ll do our best to help you retrieve it.
- We go the extra mile to make sure your home stays clean during a winter move. We clear the entryway, lay down floor mats, remove shoes as needed, and clean up.
- Our moving crew arrives with shovels and salt to make sure they can easily and safely access your home. We recommend customers clear their driveway and entry of snow before their move begins.
- We pack, pad, and wrap your furniture inside the home before carrying it to the truck to protect your valuable items from the elements.
- Make sure your new home is ready for your arrival. Are the Utilities turned on? Heat turned up? Driveway plowed? Doorways cleared?
- Have some hot beverages on hand. Movers can get cold too! Not a requirement, but appreciated. They’ll think you’re awesome!
- Did you sell your home in the winter but are not ready to move yet? We can pack and store your furniture locally in our military-approved, climate-controlled storage facility until you’re ready to move.
- Are you a snowbird looking to get away from the cold? We can help! We’re an award-winning agent of North American Van Lines. We can move you nationwide. We make frequent trips to the Carolinas, Georgia, Florida, or any other warm place!
Save Money, Move in the Winter!
Many people prefer to move in the summer. This means moving is often more economical in the winter months. Call us to find out how we can save you money by moving during the winter.
© 2018 Central Maine Moving & Storage