COVID-19 Best Practices & Guidelines
UPDATED: December 15, 2020
Central Maine Moving & Storage, Bangor’s premier mover, takes our professional staff’s health and valued customers seriously. Please read the following notice regarding how our business policies and guidelines will change while Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a concern.
By working together to adhere to the CDC’s best practices and guidelines, we can greatly reduce our risks amid COVID-19. We continue to serve our customers with an abundance of caution, safety, and confidence.
COVID-19 Precautionary Guidelines & Procedures
Each member of our Bangor based moving staff has familiarized themselves with Maine’s CDC guidelines for preventing the spread of novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). By those guidelines and best practices as outlined by the CDC, we have asked our staff to do the following:
- Follow basic CDC guidelines for prevention, found here.
- Before scheduling a site visit or arriving for your upcoming move, we will ask you standard COVID-19 screening questions to determine if it is safe to enter your home and proceed with your move.
- Our crew will wear masks. We ask you to do the same, if nearby.
- Politely decline handshakes.
- Use provided disinfecting wipes to clean high touch points before and after each service.
- Use provided hand sanitizer when unable to wash their hands.
- Stay home if sick.
- Maintain a reasonable distance from customers and other crew members when possible.
- For extended work within the home, ask the customer to direct you to a sink that you and your team can use to wash hands during the job.
- Wash hands often and regularly.
- Open windows and doors at the home to help with the airflow.
If you’re facing the daunting challenge of moving during the coronavirus crisis, rest easy. Moving companies are still able to help you as an essential business. We are taking a range of precautions to ensure your move is easy, safe, and virus-free.
Interacting with Our Team in Bangor
- Please inform us ASAP if you or someone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please wear face masks and stay socially distant from our crews.
- Please refrain from handshakes. If you happen to forget because you’re so friendly and happy to see us, our team members will politely decline. Please give us a wave instead!
- If you are so kind as to offer our crew a snack or drink, please ensure they are enclosed, single-serving containers or wrappers.
Cancellation & Rescheduling
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are showing signs of symptoms, please let us know immediately. We can reschedule your move or help you make adequate, alternate arrangements. If you must cancel a service because you are sick, quarantined, or caring for someone with COVID-19, any applicable cancellation fee will be waived or applied to an alternate moving date not less than 14 days from cancellation.
We are committed to doing our best to keep our team and our clients safe. These policies will continue to be updated and developed by the situation. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any follow-up questions.
We will update the content of this page when additional information becomes available.
*For the latest information and guidelines on the Coronavirus, please visit CDC.gov. The information above details how the Central Maine Moving & Storage team is taking precautions and addressing this crisis. It should not be used as a medical resource.