Best Practices & Guidelines amid COVID-19
UPDATED May 19, 2020
Recent updates are indicated in red
Central Maine Moving & Storage, Bangor’s premier mover, takes the health of our professional staff and our valued customers seriously. Please read the following notice to our clients regarding how our business policies and practices will change while coronavirus/COVID-19 is a concern.
Are movers still moving amid COVID-19 concerns?
Yes. In many cases, moving isn’t an option and can’t be postponed: your lease may be ending, you’re already in the middle of a move, you’re starting a new job, or you’re closing on a new home. Moving companies are also still operating and hard at work in every state. In most states, including Maine, movers are considered an “essential service” and allowed to continue to operate. By working together and adhering to our best practices and the guidelines set by the CDC we can greatly reduce our risks amid COVID-19 and continue to serve our customers with safety and confidence.
Team Education & Guidelines
Each member of our Bangor based moving staff has familiarized themselves with Maine’s CDC guidelines for preventing the spread of novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). In accordance with those guidelines and best practices as outlined by the the CDC we have asked our staff to do the following:
- Follow basic CDC guidelines for prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
- Politely decline handshakes
- Use provided disinfecting wipes to clean inside of cab & door handles after each service
- Use provided hand sanitizer when unable to wash their hands
- Use provided latex gloves and masks when in your home
- Stay home if they’re sick
- Make every effort to maintain a reasonable distance from customers and other members of the crew when possible
- For extended work within the home ask the customer to direct you to a sink that you and your team can use to wash hands during the job. Wash hands often and regularly.
- Bring soap to the job site
- If you’re facing the daunting challenge of moving during the coronavirus crisis, rest easy: moving companies are still able to help you as an essential business and we are taking a range of precautions to ensure your move is easy, safe, and virus-free.
Interacting with our Team in Bangor
• Please refrain from handshakes. If you happen to forget because you’re so friendly and happy to see us, our team members will politely decline. Give us a wave instead!
• Please refrain from offering our team members drinks or snacks during a break. If you are so kind as to offer our moving crew a water or coffee please provide disposal cups or single-serving bottles.
Cancellation & Rescheduling
In the event that you become sick, please let us know immediately so that we can reschedule your move or help you make adequate, alternate arrangements. If you must cancel a service because you are sick, quarantined, or caring for someone with COVID-19, any applicable cancellation fee will be waived, or, it can be applied to an alternate moving date not less than 21 days from cancellation.
We are committed to doing our best to keep our team and our clients safe, so these policies will continue to be updated and develop in accordance with the situation. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any follow-up questions.
We will update the content of this page when additional information becomes available.
E-mail us at: [email protected] or call us at: 207.947.4114.
*For the latest information and guidelines for novel coronavirus 2019, please visit CDC.gov. The information above details how the Central Maine Moving & Storage team is taking precautions and addressing this crisis and should not be used as a medical resource.